Map of North-East USA

Map of North-East USA

Tuesday 14 August 2007

High Fructose Corn Syrup and other stories...

When I came to the U.S I was worried about how I would handle the food, given that I have to be very careful about such things. On the whole I have been fine but I noticed that I was feeling unwell after foods that normally wouldn't be a problem. It was only when it was pointed out to me that almost everything contains high fructose corn syrup that I realised why. This seems to be the primary sweetner in the U.S and it's not one I handle well. HOWEVER, Shannie's cooking (including the delicious homemade bread and salmon & bean dish) has done me the world of good and everyone has been very sensitive to my situation. THANK YOU!

Food servings are certainly very generous here, with unlimited beverage top ups and ice cream portions to last you a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.